WA Primary Health Alliance
The “Choose Well” campaign aimed to better educate consumers on their healthcare options when they aren’t feeling well and to visit a GP rather than a hospital emergency department. The 30 second TV campaign ran over 13 weeks at 126 selected sites, reaching an audience of 1,442,940. It was complemented by a four-month print campaign with posters and take-home information at 265 Tonic locations across WA.
- Almost two thirds watched Tonic TV, with one in ten recalling seeing the ‘Choose Well’ campaign unprompted.
- When specifically asked about the campaign, one in seven recalled seeing a TV commercial for ‘Choose Well’.
- 96% of respondents said they will take action after seeing the campaign.
- More than two in five read or took brochures or posters.
- For those who did read or take brochures, when asked what the topics were in the brochures four in ninerecalled reading or taking a brochure or poster for Choose Well.
- 3,934 brochures were taken from the Medical Centres by consumers.
Why it matters
These insights demonstrate that GP waiting rooms are the perfect environment to educate and influence consumers with almost three in five people surveyed saying that, in the right situations they would now consider visiting a GP first, rather than going to an emergency department.